Jun 17 | 2020
(Global) UTC, LV Shipping, HPA, Samskip, GEODIS, Chapman Freeborn and More
• UTC Overseas has appointed Bryan Fathauer as senior vice president for its U.S. operations. Fathauer brings 20 yars experience in the project, heavy-haul, steel, and packaging sectors, and will evaluate UTC current operations and look for new opportunities to strengthen relationships with customers and partners.
• The LV Shipping Group of Cos. has appointed Henry Rios as director commercial, energy and capital projects. Rios brings experience in supply chain solutions and has held senior management positions with F.H. Bertling, Kuehne & Nagel and Bluewater.
• Air freight specialist Chapman Freeborn has hired Allen Liu as cargo director for North Asia. Liu previously worked for Chapman Freeborn as cargo manager for China from 2013 before moving to AirBridgeCargo
• Logistics provider Geodis has appointed Robert Mianowski as head of global sales and marketing in the North, East & Central Europe region.
• Hamburg Port Authority (HPA) has apponted Friedrich Stuhrmann as joint managing director, following a comprehensive selection process headed by Senator Michael Westhagemann
• Cargo specialist Samskip has appointed Jens Siedentopf as head of breakbulk projects. Siedentopf will work out of the firm’s Bremen office.
• The Alabama State Port Authority has appointed Beth Ann Frisher as chief commercial officer, effective Feb. 18. The authority also named Judith Adams vice president of internal/external affairs for the port authority.
• Logistics group Geodis has appointed Tomy Sofhian as managing director of Indonesia. Sofhian brings nearly 20 years in the freight delivery sector, and reports to Rene Bach-Larsen, sub-regional managing director ASEAN.
• Breakbulk association the Worldwide Project Consortium has appointed Michael Halm to its networks board of advisors, representing the North American continent. Halm is director of foreign relationship for BNSF Logistics USA.
• Freight carrier Volvo has appointed Park Kang-seok as CEO for Volvo Truck Korea in order to expand its cargo truck business in the country. Kang-seok brings 25 years’ expertise in the automotive sector.
• Cargo carrier Hamburg Aviation has appointed Ulf Weber as managing director, commencing July 1. Weber has acted as CEO of AeroLogic, a joint venture freight carrier and ASL Airlines Belgium.
• Cargo handling specialist Transportation Assets Management has appointed Andrey Bubnov as general director starting June 9. He replaces Igor Feodorov who held the position since 2012. Bubnov is expected to lead implementation of numerous large-scale transformation projects for the Russian stevedore asset manager.
• Transport and infrastructure specialist RINA has appointed a new board of directors, with Ugo Salerno confirmed as chairman and CEO for 2020-2022. Nello Sulfaro was appointed as general manager of RINA Group and Paolo Moretti as the new CEO of RINA Services.
Subscribe to BreakbulkONE and receive more industry stories and updates around impact of COVID-19.