- MHI Vestas to Supply Burbo Bank Offshore Wind
- Alstom Shareholders Approve Sale to GE
- Woodside Banks on Kitimat LNG
- Alabama State Port Authority Posts Record Gains
- Orpic Logistics Wins Muscat Sohar Pipeline EPC Contract
- Vestas to Supply Kenya’s Lake Turkana Wind Project
- Collett Moves Historic Vehicles
- Chevron to Exit Ukraine Shale Project
- Plummeting Oil Prices Prompt Layoffs
- CB&I Hoists Module at VC Summer Nuclear Plant (Video)
- Venture Global LNG to Start Construction of Export Facilities in 2016
- Portlog Moves Oil Rig for Pemex
- Last Gate Arrives at Panama Canal
- Alstom to Upgrade Kwinana Gas Turbine
- Salini Impregilo to Build Tunnel in Ohio
If you would like to post a listing here on Breakbulk’s new job board, please send your listing to email@example.com
Port of Morehead City Seeking Director of Operations
SALARY: $80,000 – 90,000(DOE) Grade 39
An integral part of the North Carolina State Ports Authority, the Port of Morehead City (POM) handles waterborne commerce, import and export, for the economic benefit of the State of NC. This position will lead, direct, plan and coordinate the activities of the POM to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the attainment of business objectives and full compliance with safety and operational policies of the NCSPA and all elements of the regulatory environment including occupational safety, maritime security and environmental protection.
The Director is responsible for the conduct, quality and continuous improvement of all daily terminal operating procedures and business administration at the site; s/he shall be the primary point of contact for and highly responsive to a diverse stakeholder group including; customers, port tenants, shipping lines, beneficial cargo owners, agents, forwarders, stevedores, ILA labor leadership, USACE, USCBP, USCG, city, county and state agencies.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and supervises functional areas at the POM including; port operations in bulk and break bulk commodities, crane operations & maintenance, equipment and facilities maintenance, and certain business administration activities. The position works collaboratively and on a peer level with the Chief of Police to assure a safe, secure workplace that is at all times compliant with the requirements of applicable maritime security regulation and law.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, engineering, or transportation / logistics.
- A Masters degree in relevant field is preferred.
- Eight or more years experience, including supervisory roles, overseeing general operations of a unit within the maritime industry, an allied field of surface transportation/logistics or bulk material handling in an industrial setting.
- Experience in an operating port environment with bulk and break-bulk commodities, RORO and military deployments is highly valued.
- Demonstrable experience in continuous improvement and process quality assurance is desirable.
- A valid driver’s license is required and ability to obtain TWIC credentials is mandatory.
- Strong communication skills’ including use of word processing, spreadsheets and presentation applications is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
NCSPA employees may apply at the Human Resource office in Wilmington or Morehead City. Others may apply by submitting a resume or State Application (PD-107) at the Employment Security Commission, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 252-808-4246. To be considered for this position, all submissions must reference the above job number.
FINAL DATE TO APPLY:
December 31, 2014
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Transportation / Logistics – Materials Specialist
Location: Orlando, Fla.
Posted: July 2, 2014
|Company||Siemens Energy, Inc.|
|Division/Business Unit||E – Power Generation – Energy Solutions|
|Functional Area||SCM – Supply Chain Management/Purchasing|
|Location||FL – Orlando|
|Experience Level||Mid Level|
|Required Education||Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience|
Based in Orlando Florida with Siemens – Energy Solutions you will play a critical part of our work on large scale power plant integrations worldwide. We are a diverse and multitalented team, looking for an individual to help us support the execution of large scale power plant projects.
Rigging Engineer / Project Logistics Specialist
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posted: July 2, 2014
This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package including relocation assistance.
This role in the Project Logistics Division is focused on the development, review and execution of sound logistics practices, with strong emphasis in Logistics Engineering. This position will concentrate on creating and managing technical lifting and securing plans with respect to large, heavy, complex, oversized cargo primarily for use in the power industry such as Turbines, Generators, Transformers, Boilers, etc. Particular knowledge is required with respect to the logistics engineering of lifting, securing and transporting large, heavy and oversized components via truck, barge, rail and/or vessel.
- Perform design engineer tasks on multiple heavy lift/heavy transport projects with focus of minimizing risk.
- Review and manage all subcontractor technical activities relative to a specific project. Tasks include but are not limited to cargo securing calculations and required material, center of gravity review, lifting calculations and required lifting equipment (chains, shackles, slings, spreader bars, etc.), stability design and review of loads on rail cars, transports and/or barge.
- Ensuring that during the execution of a project, subcontractors coordinate and manage their scope of supply in a manner conducive with company engineering instruction, as well as risk mitigation and reflective of the professionalism of the company.
- Carry out design calculation on lifting equipment, crane capabilities, and other heavy rigging transportation applications.
- Calculation, evaluation, planning and creation of lifting and transport drawings for equipment in excess of 150 tons.
- Preparation and review of procedures and processes associated with the technical requirements of individual contracts and overall subcontractor performance. Training and evaluating of subcontractors as necessary.
- Assisting with the development of logistics plans that are focused on risk mitigation, scheduling and budgets.
- Assisting with periodic evaluation and management of approved subcontractors.
- Managing subcontractors’ compliance to company procedures and practices with respect to logistics engineering capabilities.
- Assist company Project Managers in developing transportation and lifting drawings to quote, plan and execute heavy lift and transportation activities.
- Updating libraries of engineering drawings, according to established systems.
- Providing on-site support for field personnel, project managers and customers during larger more technical projects.
- Engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 years transportation administration and operations experience with direct work experience in heavy haul, barge, rail and/or crane & rigging industry, with strong focus in logistics engineering.
- Experience in Civil/Structural or Mechanical engineering projects.
- Must have rigging/logistics experience with power generation components.
- Must have provided engineering logistics solutions for equipment in excess of 50 tons.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD.
- Authorization to work in the US without restriction.
- PE license (very strong preference).
- Construction industry experience.
To apply, please send a detailed resume to 7012-122-MH470@apply.maxhire.net.
Opportunities with RCS change daily. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.rcscorporation.com. EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled.