- Larsen & Toubro Win KOC Gas Gathering Center
- Tata Steel to Cut Freight Costs by Using Waterways
- WorleyParsons and Wison to Pursue FLNG Projects
- Steel and Project Cargo Boost Volumes at US Great Lakes Ports
- Fast & Direct Moves Houses from UAE to Bahrain
- Siemens Supplies Turbines to Third Nordfriesland Project
- Crane Rental Lifts Concrete Pieces at Florida University
- KG Shipping Handles Vessels from Turkey to Qatar
- Nicaragua Canal to Start with Brito Port
- WWL Carries Ro-Ro Cargo from Asia to Port of Tyne
- Stella Line Handles Record Tank Shipment in Veracruz
- Antonov Carries Heat Exchanger
- Antonov Looks for New Partners as Russian Business Dissolves
- Crossrail Station Construction Reaches Halfway Mark
- Compass Forwarding Charters Antonov An-225
If you would like to post a listing here on Breakbulk’s new job board, please send your listing to email@example.com
Transportation / Logistics – Materials Specialist
Location: Orlando, Fla.
Posted: July 2, 2014
|Company||Siemens Energy, Inc.|
|Division/Business Unit||E – Power Generation – Energy Solutions|
|Functional Area||SCM – Supply Chain Management/Purchasing|
|Location||FL – Orlando|
|Experience Level||Mid Level|
|Required Education||Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience|
Based in Orlando Florida with Siemens – Energy Solutions you will play a critical part of our work on large scale power plant integrations worldwide. We are a diverse and multitalented team, looking for an individual to help us support the execution of large scale power plant projects.
Rigging Engineer / Project Logistics Specialist
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posted: July 2, 2014
This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package including relocation assistance.
This role in the Project Logistics Division is focused on the development, review and execution of sound logistics practices, with strong emphasis in Logistics Engineering. This position will concentrate on creating and managing technical lifting and securing plans with respect to large, heavy, complex, oversized cargo primarily for use in the power industry such as Turbines, Generators, Transformers, Boilers, etc. Particular knowledge is required with respect to the logistics engineering of lifting, securing and transporting large, heavy and oversized components via truck, barge, rail and/or vessel.
- Perform design engineer tasks on multiple heavy lift/heavy transport projects with focus of minimizing risk.
- Review and manage all subcontractor technical activities relative to a specific project. Tasks include but are not limited to cargo securing calculations and required material, center of gravity review, lifting calculations and required lifting equipment (chains, shackles, slings, spreader bars, etc.), stability design and review of loads on rail cars, transports and/or barge.
- Ensuring that during the execution of a project, subcontractors coordinate and manage their scope of supply in a manner conducive with company engineering instruction, as well as risk mitigation and reflective of the professionalism of the company.
- Carry out design calculation on lifting equipment, crane capabilities, and other heavy rigging transportation applications.
- Calculation, evaluation, planning and creation of lifting and transport drawings for equipment in excess of 150 tons.
- Preparation and review of procedures and processes associated with the technical requirements of individual contracts and overall subcontractor performance. Training and evaluating of subcontractors as necessary.
- Assisting with the development of logistics plans that are focused on risk mitigation, scheduling and budgets.
- Assisting with periodic evaluation and management of approved subcontractors.
- Managing subcontractors’ compliance to company procedures and practices with respect to logistics engineering capabilities.
- Assist company Project Managers in developing transportation and lifting drawings to quote, plan and execute heavy lift and transportation activities.
- Updating libraries of engineering drawings, according to established systems.
- Providing on-site support for field personnel, project managers and customers during larger more technical projects.
- Engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 years transportation administration and operations experience with direct work experience in heavy haul, barge, rail and/or crane & rigging industry, with strong focus in logistics engineering.
- Experience in Civil/Structural or Mechanical engineering projects.
- Must have rigging/logistics experience with power generation components.
- Must have provided engineering logistics solutions for equipment in excess of 50 tons.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD.
- Authorization to work in the US without restriction.
- PE license (very strong preference).
- Construction industry experience.
To apply, please send a detailed resume to 7012-122-MH470@apply.maxhire.net.
Opportunities with RCS change daily. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.rcscorporation.com. EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled.