- V. Alexander Moves Cranes by Road and Rail to Siberia
- House Passes Keystone XL Pipeline Bill
- Vestas Supplies Wind Farm in Baja California
- Technip Wins British Columbian LNG FEED Contract
- Bati Transports Air Separation Plant Equipment [Gallery]
- Engineering Firms Vie for Sohar Refinery EPC Contract
- AKME Receives Construction License for Modular Reactors
- Bahri Ro-Ro Service Begins Calling Port of Houston
- GenRent to Build Power Plant in Peru
- House to Vote on Expediting Keystone XL Pipeline
Education Day – Entry Level
To support the growing need for education in the breakbulk industry, Breakbulk Magazine & Conferences decided in 2010 to establish Breakbulk Education Day.
Breakbulk Education Day is a day-long series of informative sessions about the breakbulk transportation industry and its challenges.
Designed to introduce the breakbulk industry to university students and industry freshmen, Breakbulk Education Day is comprised of informational sessions, technology demonstrations and case studies explained by leading industry executives. The day is capped off with success stories recounted by recent graduates who have found jobs in the breakbulk industry, and a Career Fair, in which industry executives from leading breakbulk companies explain potential career paths to students.
More than 1,800 students and industry freshmen have attended Breakbulk Education Day programs since its inception three years ago.
In 2013, Breakbulk Education Day programs will be held at:
- Breakbulk China Conference & Exhibition in Shanghai, China (March 14)
- Breakbulk Africa Congress in Cape Town, South Africa (April 16)
- Breakbulk Americas Conference & Exhibition in New Orleans (September 10)
- Breakbulk Turkey Congress November 18-20, 2013
For information, contact Education Day Coordinator Elizabeth Wetzel