- Togo Added to High-Risk West African Areas
- Marubeni to Build Power Plant in Romania
- Thailand Eyes Dawei Mega-Project in Myanmar
- BBC Chartering Moves Tall Ship Theater
- Indian Navy Seeks Drones to Fight Piracy
- Siemens Supplies Substations to SEWA
- Larsen and Toubro Bags Midyan Gas Plant EPC Contract
- Searoute Launches K-Line Ro-Ro Service to US
- JFE to Build Auto Steel Plant in Indonesia
- Vestas to Provide Turbines in Croatia
Fairmount Tug Rescues Drifting Elbcarrier
Fairmount Marine’s tug Fairmount Alpine towed the Elbcarrier safely into a Guatemalan port after the vessel was drifting off the southeast coast of Mexico near Cozumel. The container ship’s engine had failed.
The Fairmount Alpine left from the port of Kingston, Jamaica. The tug arrived at the Elbcarrier’s location within 36 hours and was able to connect in short time, the Netherlands-based marine contractor said in a statement.
The Fairmount Alpine towed the 139.6-meter ship 321 nautical miles to Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala. The Elbcarrier was on a southbound voyage from Port Everglades, Fla., to Santo Tomas de Castilla in Guatemala.