- Brazil’s Alumar Faces More Capacity Cuts
- Skanska-Traylor Win LA Metro Rail Bid
- GPEC Moves Massive HZMB Bridge Section to Barge
- Damaged TBM Delays Hong Kong to Guangzhou Rail Link
- Siemens Supplies BorWin3 Grid Connection
- BC Hydro Lowers Turbine at Mica Dam
- Technip to Build Cargill Ethanol Plant
- Alstom Supplies Iraqi Combined-Cycle Power Plant
- Tata Steel Hits New Highs
- Fairmount Marine Tows Rig to Curaçao
- Westinghouse Laments Temelín Tender Cancellation
- Babcock & Wilcox Slashes SMR Project
- GE Expands Brazilian Power Grid
- Saipem to Expand Rubber Plant in Italy
- Lawmakers Seek Extra US$16 Billion for Highways
Fairmount Alpine Tows Emma Maersk to Palermo
Super tug Fairmount Alpine towed the 156,907-deadweight-ton Emma Maersk, one of the largest container carriers of its kind, to Fincantieri’s repair yard in Palermo, Sicily.
Fairmount Alpine was in the eastern Mediterranean when Maersk Line called for the tow, Fairmount Marine said in a statement. The tug arrived at Port Said on the Egyptian coast, where Emma Maersk has discharged its cargo at the Suez Channel Container Terminal.
Fairmount Alpine and Emma Maersk left Port Said on Sunday Feb. 17 for the 1,276 miles voyage to Palermo, where the convoy arrived eight days later.