- Mammoet USA to Rescue TBM Bertha
- Petrofac Awarded US$4 Billion Kuwaiti Oil Project
- SDV Horoz Handles Tank Transhipment
- Abengoa to Build First Solar-powered Desal Plant
- Algeria’s Sonatrach Plans Massive Shale Gas Investment
- First East Coast Indian FLNG Underway
- Thoresen Handles Big Winch Move in Asia
- Russia Approves Financing for Hanhikivi Nuclear Power Plant
- Guangzhou Sunshine Moves Mega-Loads
- Ekin Transports Heavy Cargoes to France
- Fairmount Alpine Delivers Allseas’ Iron Lady 1 (Video)
- Senate Bill Could “Gut” Jones Act
- Shell Shelves Qatar Petrochemical Project
- Port of Everett to Accommodate Heavier Cargoes
- Fairmount Expedition Delivers Saipem J-Lay Tower
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.