- Romania Secures Financing for Cernavoda Reactors
- Samsung Engineering Bags FEED Contract for Texas LNG
- Mammoet Sets Record for North American Heavy-Lift
- France Moves to Slash Nuclear Power Capacity
- Seaman Guard Ohio Crew May Face Retrial
- Great Lakes Ports’ Volumes Hit Pre-Recession Levels
- Egypt Signs International Dredgers for New Suez Canal
- Global Shipping Services Coordinates Purification System to Peru
- Jurong Shipyard Wins Conversion for FPSO
- Canada Sends Experimental Ebola Vaccine to WHO
- BNSF Logistics Moves Transformers
- From the Frontline: Advanfort Guards Thwart Attack
- InterMax Makes Historical Tram Move
- AIIS to Seal Agreement with Panama Canal Authority
- Delta Maritime Moves Project Cargo to India
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.