- Royal Cargo Hauls Generator to Batangas
- Poland May Accelerate Shale Gas Development
- Shell Scraps Plans for Louisiana GTL Plant
- CB&I Wins Ingleside Cracker Project
- Discord over Ports Reform
- Manica Handles Project Cargo for Namibian Acid Plant
- DP Cleantech to Build Thai Coconut-to-Energy Plant
- Shell Floats Prelude FLNG Hull
- Allseas Global Logistics Manages Gantry Crane Shipment
- IMO Eases Deadline for Ballast Water Compliance
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.