- Larsen & Toubro Win KOC Gas Gathering Center Contract
- Tata Steel to Cut Freight Costs by Using Waterways
- WorleyParsons and Wison to Pursue FLNG Projects
- Steel and Project Cargo Boost Volumes at US Great Lakes Ports
- Fast & Direct Moves Houses from UAE to Bahrain
- Siemens Supplies Turbines to Third Nordfriesland Project
- Crane Rental Lifts Concrete Pieces at Florida University
- KG Shipping Handles Vessels from Turkey to Qatar
- Nicaragua Canal to Start with Brito Port
- WWL Carries Ro-Ro Cargo from Asia to Port of Tyne
- Stella Line Handles Record Tank Shipment in Veracruz
- Antonov Carries Heat Exchanger
- Antonov Looks for New Partners as Russian Business Dissolves
- Crossrail Station Construction Reaches Halfway Mark
- Compass Forwarding Charters Antonov An-225
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.