- MHI Vestas to Supply Burbo Bank Offshore Wind
- Alstom Shareholders Approve Sale to GE
- Woodside Banks on Kitimat LNG
- Alabama State Port Authority Posts Record Gains
- Orpic Logistics Wins Muscat Sohar Pipeline EPC Contract
- Vestas to Supply Kenya’s Lake Turkana Wind Project
- Collett Moves Historic Vehicles
- Chevron to Exit Ukraine Shale Project
- Plummeting Oil Prices Prompt Layoffs
- CB&I Hoists Module at VC Summer Nuclear Plant (Video)
- Venture Global LNG to Start Construction of Export Facilities in 2016
- Portlog Moves Oil Rig for Pemex
- Last Gate Arrives at Panama Canal
- Alstom to Upgrade Kwinana Gas Turbine
- Salini Impregilo to Build Tunnel in Ohio
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.