- Mexico Awards Durango Cargo Rail Project
- US ExIm Bank Funds Siemens Nacelles
- US Steel Imports from Russia, South Korea Peak
- World Logistics Consulting Handles Transformer Transport
- Alexander Global Logistics Transports Crane to Georgia
- Rickmers-Linie Carries Cranes for China Railway Expansion
- WorleyParsons WIns Canadian Potash Project
- Alstom to Build Second Wind Tower Plant in Brazil
- Aaras Moves Water Project Cargoes
- Sasol Installs Big Three Components at Wax Plant Expansion Site
- Siemens to Power Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm
- KBR to Build HDPE Plant in Texas
- Fukushima Tunnel Ice Plug Fails to Freeze
- Mammoet Lifts Space Shuttle Atop Shuttle Carrier Aircraft
- SNC-Lavalin Completes Kentz Acquisition
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.