- Vestas to Power Community Wind Farm
- WorleyParsons to Engineer Alberta Greenfield Refinery
- Six Construct and Tecnicas Reunidas to Build Oman Pumping Station
- SNC-Lavalin to Fund and Build Hydropower Project
- Van der Vlist Navigates Twisting Roads
- IT Minerals Builds Plant at Port of New Orleans
- Volga-Dnepr Ships Spacecraft Module to US (Video)
- Tuscor Lloyds Demonstrates Resourcefulness at Tilbury
- Steder Group Transports Brewery Tanks to Ethiopia (Slideshow)
- Fairmount Marine Delivers Drilling Rig to Singapore
- Crowley Delivers Floating Production Facility to Gulf
- Anchorage Approves CH2M Hill’s Construction Bid
- Ekin Moves Trio of Tanks
- Rocha Faces Rocky Path to Brazilian Financing
- Toshiba Supplies Indian Super Thermal Plant
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.