- SAL Heavy Lift Completes First Phase Pile Tests in Baltic Sea (Slideshow)
- Iran and World Powers Extend Talks
- Alstom to Supply African Hydropower Plant
- Europe Cargo & Coordinadora Collaborate on Antwerp Refinery Expansion
- Vigor Loads First Vessel on North America’s Largest Floating Drydock
- Holleman Handles Big Cargo from Bulgaria to Germany
- Van der Vlist Moves Shipbuilding Equipment
- The Middle East’s Drive to Diversify
- The Ukrainian Stormfront
- Economic Outlook for Turkey and the Region
- Doing Business in Turkmenistan
- Global and Regional Maritime Shipping Forecast
- Turkey’s Energy Future
- Can Cement Stop Contaminated Water Leak at Fukushima?
- Senate Fails to Pass Keystone XL Pipeline Bill
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.