- RAS Infraport Handles First Steel Slabs
- Sembcorp to Build New Power Plant for Chinese Mine
- Elecnor Lands Australian Solar Plant
- US Approves LNG Exports for Cameron
- Crossrail Starts Last East London Tunnel
- POSCO to Build Power Plant in Nigeria
- Bati and CSS Move Transformer
- CH2M Hill Restructures
- Hebei Iron & Steel to Build South African Mill
- Technip Deep Blue Tapped for Deep Gulf Energy II
- Balfour Beatty to Complete Crossrail Station
- Express Global Logistics Expedites Power Shipment to Bangladesh
- Sembcorp’s Jurong Shipyard Acquires SSP Offshore
- Russia to Supply Hi-Tech Equipment for Nicaragua Canal
- Crane Rental Performs Underwater Heavy-Lift
US Fab Delivers Special-Purpose Barge
On-barge buildings designed by CH2M Hill
The 140-foot barge features moorage for up to four vessels and two steel structures, one that houses a well-equipped maintenance workshop and another a two-story office and crew quarters, the company, a division of Vigor Industrial, said in a statement. The barge was designed by Glosten Associates, and the structures were designed by CH2M Hill.
US Fab’s teams in Portland built the barge, pump house and the below-deck systems. Once the barge section was complete the vessel moved to Vigor’s Tacoma facility where the buildings were built and installed on the barge.
The barge is moored at Pier 48 in Seattle, Wash., where it will be used to support the King County Ferry District’s passenger-only vessels operating the West Seattle and Vashon Island Water Taxi ferry routes.