- Mexico Awards Durango Cargo Rail Project
- US ExIm Bank Funds Siemens Nacelles
- US Steel Imports from Russia, South Korea Peak
- World Logistics Consulting Handles Transformer Transport
- Alexander Global Logistics Transports Crane to Georgia
- Rickmers-Linie Carries Cranes for China Railway Expansion
- WorleyParsons WIns Canadian Potash Project
- Alstom to Build Second Wind Tower Plant in Brazil
- Aaras Moves Water Project Cargoes
- Sasol Installs Big Three Components at Wax Plant Expansion Site
- Siemens to Power Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm
- KBR to Build HDPE Plant in Texas
- Fukushima Tunnel Ice Plug Fails to Freeze
- Mammoet Lifts Space Shuttle Atop Shuttle Carrier Aircraft
- SNC-Lavalin Completes Kentz Acquisition
Fluor Wins Dominion Brunswick Contract
Dominion Virginia Power has awarded Fluor a US$1 billion engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract to build its new Brunswick County Power Station, a combined-cycle, natural gas-fired plant.
The 1,300-megawatt facility will be located on a 205-acre site on U.S. Route 58 east of Lawrenceville, Va. Dominion expects to receive its final permits and approvals in 2013, Fluor said in a statement. The station is to be completed by May 2016.
Fluor will design the plant at its engineering office in Charlotte, N.C. The Brunswick County plant’s power will replace electricity generated by two existing coal-fired plants that will be closed.