- KOG Opens Pakistani Office
- KOSPO and Samsung to Build Gas Plant in Chile
- Chapman Freeborn Handles Oil & Gas Air Charter
- REpower to Supply Turbines for Victoria Wind Farm
- Shimizu Plans Lunar Power Plant
- ACWA Consortium to Build Rabigh II
- Iran and Russia to Build Second Nuclear Plant
- New Bahian Complex to Compete with Suape
- CEVA to Ship ‘Christmas Trees’ for Petrobras
- Ming Yang Snags Romanian Wind Farm Contract
Fluor Wins Dominion Brunswick Contract
Dominion Virginia Power has awarded Fluor a US$1 billion engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract to build its new Brunswick County Power Station, a combined-cycle, natural gas-fired plant.
The 1,300-megawatt facility will be located on a 205-acre site on U.S. Route 58 east of Lawrenceville, Va. Dominion expects to receive its final permits and approvals in 2013, Fluor said in a statement. The station is to be completed by May 2016.
Fluor will design the plant at its engineering office in Charlotte, N.C. The Brunswick County plant’s power will replace electricity generated by two existing coal-fired plants that will be closed.