- Larsen & Toubro Win KOC Gas Gathering Center Contract
- Tata Steel to Cut Freight Costs by Using Waterways
- WorleyParsons and Wison to Pursue FLNG Projects
- Steel and Project Cargo Boost Volumes at US Great Lakes Ports
- Fast & Direct Moves Houses from UAE to Bahrain
- Siemens Supplies Turbines to Third Nordfriesland Project
- Crane Rental Lifts Concrete Pieces at Florida University
- KG Shipping Handles Vessels from Turkey to Qatar
- Nicaragua Canal to Start with Brito Port
- WWL Carries Ro-Ro Cargo from Asia to Port of Tyne
- Stella Line Handles Record Tank Shipment in Veracruz
- Antonov Carries Heat Exchanger
- Antonov Looks for New Partners as Russian Business Dissolves
- Crossrail Station Construction Reaches Halfway Mark
- Compass Forwarding Charters Antonov An-225
Fluor Wins Dominion Brunswick Contract
Dominion Virginia Power has awarded Fluor a US$1 billion engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract to build its new Brunswick County Power Station, a combined-cycle, natural gas-fired plant.
The 1,300-megawatt facility will be located on a 205-acre site on U.S. Route 58 east of Lawrenceville, Va. Dominion expects to receive its final permits and approvals in 2013, Fluor said in a statement. The station is to be completed by May 2016.
Fluor will design the plant at its engineering office in Charlotte, N.C. The Brunswick County plant’s power will replace electricity generated by two existing coal-fired plants that will be closed.