- Orpic Logistics Wins Muscat Sohar Pipeline EPC Contract
- Vestas to Supply Kenya’s Lake Turkana Wind Project
- Collett Moves Historic Vehicles
- Chevron to Exit Ukraine Shale Project
- Plummeting Oil Prices Prompt Layoffs at Halliburton
- CB&I Hoists Module at VC Summer Nuclear Plant (Video)
- Venture Global LNG to Start Construction of Export Facilities in 2016
- Portlog Moves Oil Rig for Pemex
- Last Gate Arrives at Panama Canal
- Alstom to Upgrade Kwinana Gas Turbine
- Salini Impregilo to Build Tunnel in Ohio
- Toshiba to Build ITOCHU Mega-Solar Plant
- Kentz Scores Shell Pearl GTL Contract
- Jumbo to Install Wheatstone Subsea Structures
- UK Approves Hornsea Offshore Wind Project
Fluor Wins Dominion Brunswick Contract
Dominion Virginia Power has awarded Fluor a US$1 billion engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract to build its new Brunswick County Power Station, a combined-cycle, natural gas-fired plant.
The 1,300-megawatt facility will be located on a 205-acre site on U.S. Route 58 east of Lawrenceville, Va. Dominion expects to receive its final permits and approvals in 2013, Fluor said in a statement. The station is to be completed by May 2016.
Fluor will design the plant at its engineering office in Charlotte, N.C. The Brunswick County plant’s power will replace electricity generated by two existing coal-fired plants that will be closed.