- Global Express Transports Cable Reel
- TBM Alice Breaks Completes Waterview Tunnel
- Jacobs, Amec and Balfour Beatty to Construct Sellafield Plant
- Breakbulk Ports Form Alliance
- Netherlands Designates New Offshore Wind Zones
- SCE Submits San Onofre Decommissioning Plan to Regulator
- BHP Billiton Partners with Mexico’s Pemex
- Voith to Supply Hydropower Equipment to Indonesia
- Panama Canal Authority Confirms Next Expansion
- BHEL Builds Power Plants in Telangana
- Siemens to Upgrade Keystone Wire Mill
- GE to Power Polish Wind Farm
- Petronas Begins Lifting First FLNG Module
- Vestas to Deliver Turbines to Texas
- Fluor to Engineer Oil Sands Project
OceanSaver BWT System Orders Surge
OceanSaver has consolidated its leading position in the ballast water treatment (BWT) market with a rush of new system orders for large vessels. The Norwegian firm, a BWT specialist developing reliable, advanced and flexible solutions since 2003, has won orders for over 40 systems in the space of the last six months, with some 21 units delivered so far this year.
The latest contracts, worth about US$30 million, cover a diverse range of large tonnage, from a number of key international markets, with VLCCs, Aframax tankers, product tankers, and Cape Size bulk carriers featuring strongly. A pair of Taiwanese-controlled VLCC’s, currently under construction in Japan, are the latest assets in the orderbook.
“Ratification of the IMO’s Ballast Water Management (BWM) Convention is now closer than ever and astute shipowners are choosing to place orders in advance to avoid potential supply and installation bottlenecks,” OceanSaver CCO Tor Atle Eiken said. “There’s a clear demand for tried and tested solutions and OceanSaver, with 140 units now sold, has the technology and experience to ensure that shipowners get exactly what they need – complete compliance, low OPEX and absolute system reliability.”
OceanSaver’s type-approved, proprietary system – combining filtering with disinfection by electrodialysis to eliminate waterborne organisms – is optimized for both retrofit and newbuilding projects, with its modular nature ensuring easy installation, low maintenance and a small footprint.
The firm, headquartered in Drammen, Norway, employs 45 BWT specialists and has additional offices in Busan, South Korea, and Shanghai, China.
Houtan Houshangi CEO
Tel: + 47 47 46 24 03
Tor Atle Eiken CCO
Tel: +47 46 43 11 21