- Dutch-US Consortium to Build A9 Motorway
- Chernobyl NPP Completes Arch Foundation (Video)
- Westinghouse Provides New Equipment to Olkiluoto
- Voith Supplies Hydro Equipment to Himalayas
- Kvaerner and KBR to Bid on Norwegian Topsides
- BNSF Logistics Moves Trio of Transformers
- Indian Nuclear Team Head to US
- Voestalpine Project Cargoes Arrive at Port Corpus Christi
- Damen Shipdock Amsterdam Converts PSVs
- California May Lift Regulations to Win Tesla Gigafactory
- Argosy Transportation Moves LPG Tanks to Guyana
- Odebrecht Wins Colombian Waterway Project
- BNSF Logistics Handles Cement Machinery Transport
- BMZ to Build Phillips 66 LPG Export Terminal
- Russia to Build Jordan’s First Nuclear Power Plant
European Shipping Week Scheduled for 2015
Ship owners and shipping industry leaders have joined forces with global event organizer Shipping Innovation to launch the inaugural European Shipping Week to be held in Brussels in the early part of 2015.
The week-long series of high level events will centre on a major conference and gala dinner celebrating the 50th anniversary of the European Community Shipowners’ Associations. It will bring together the major players in the shipping industry with the primary aim of promoting the strengths and the importance of European and global shipping to legislators in Brussels such as the European Commission, European Parliament and the Council of Ministers.
The European Commission, through DG MOVE, has endorsed European Shipping Week and formal patronage is already being sought from it as well as the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers.
The initiative, which was the brainchild of the European Community Shipowners’ Associations, will be run by a steering group made up of Europe’s main shipping organizations as well as the European Commission and Shipping Innovation. The shipping organizations involved on the steering group include: ECSA; Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Europe; European Community Association of Ship Brokers and Agents (ECASBA); Interferry; the European Dredging Association; the World Shipping Council, as well as the European Tugowners’ Association. Other European shipping associations may also be invited to support the initiative and hold relevant events during the week.
ESWis organized by Shipping Innovation – a joint venture between Elaborate Communications and Petrospot and the driving force behind the highly successful London International Shipping Week (LISW). More details about the week-long line-up of events will be released in due course. An official website will be launched in the next few weeks.