- V. Alexander Moves Cranes by Road and Rail to Siberia
- House Passes Keystone XL Pipeline Bill
- Vestas Supplies Wind Farm in Baja California
- Technip Wins British Columbian LNG FEED Contract
- Bati Transports Air Separation Plant Equipment [Gallery]
- Engineering Firms Vie for Sohar Refinery EPC Contract
- AKME Receives Construction License for Modular Reactors
- Bahri Ro-Ro Service Begins Calling Port of Houston
- GenRent to Build Power Plant in Peru
- House to Vote on Expediting Keystone XL Pipeline
Volga-Dnepr Technics Opens Hangar at Leipzig/Halle Airport
Germany’s Leipzig/Halle Airport and Volga-Dnepr Group have jointly celebrated the official opening of a new aircraft maintenance hangar that is expected to attract airline customers from all over the world.
The hangar facility is being leased by Volga-Dnepr Technics, the aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul provider representing Volga-Dnepr Technics in Europe, which is part of Volga-Dnepr Group.
The hangar has a total area of 8,500 square meters and is designed to accommodate one large freighter such as an AN-124-100, IL-76TD or Boeing747 or four narrow body aircraft, including Boeing 737 or Airbus A320, at one time. The hangar’s workload will be generated by Volga-Dnepr Group’s own scheduled and charter airlines as well as from third party airlines.
Customers of the new MRO facility could be air carriers residing at Leipzig/Halle Airport or Russian companies suffering from a shortage of aircraft maintenance capabilities on the market. Kalitta Air has already confirmed its intention to use Volga-Dnepr Technics’ services.
As a maintenance shop provider, Volga-Dnepr Technics is going to diversify its area of operations and over time it intends to expand the range of aircraft it will service. In 2013, a Wheel and Brakes Shop will become operational at Leipzig/Halle followed by a composite and structural repair shop. In addition, the company’s service portfolio includes sales of parts and expendable materials, spare parts delivery, leasing of warehouse facilities and the provision of logistics services personnel. By the end of 2013, the company is going to provide aircraft maintenance С-checks for Boeing 747s and in 2014 will also serve В737 and А320 aircraft types.