- Larsen & Toubro Win KOC Gas Gathering Center Contract
- Tata Steel to Cut Freight Costs by Using Waterways
- WorleyParsons and Wison to Pursue FLNG Projects
- Steel and Project Cargo Boost Volumes at US Great Lakes Ports
- Fast & Direct Moves Houses from UAE to Bahrain
- Siemens Supplies Turbines to Third Nordfriesland Project
- Crane Rental Lifts Concrete Pieces at Florida University
- KG Shipping Handles Vessels from Turkey to Qatar
- Nicaragua Canal to Start with Brito Port
- WWL Carries Ro-Ro Cargo from Asia to Port of Tyne
- Stella Line Handles Record Tank Shipment in Veracruz
- Antonov Carries Heat Exchanger
- Antonov Looks for New Partners as Russian Business Dissolves
- Crossrail Station Construction Reaches Halfway Mark
- Compass Forwarding Charters Antonov An-225
Keppel Fels to Build Four Rigs for Grupo R
Keppel Fels has won a US$820 million contract to build four jack-up rigs for Mexico’s Grupo R.
The new rigs will be designed to drill to water depths of 30,000 feet and operate down to 400 feet, the Singapore-based marine construction firm said.
The rigs will be delivered from the second quarter through the fourth quarter of 2015.
With the new contracts, Keppel Fels has 10 rigs it is building for clients based in Mexico, including a contrat for two rigs for national oil company PEMEX that were booked in December.
Sector analysts Jason Saw and Lee Yue Jer of DMG & Partners Research estimated that the new orders have lifted Keppel’s orderbook value to US$1.2 billion, which is 32 percent of its full-year forecast.