- Crossrail Starts Last East London Tunnel
- POSCO to Build Power Plant in Nigeria
- Bati and CSS Move Transformer
- CH2M Hill Restructures
- Hebei Iron & Steel to Build South African Mill
- Technip Deep Blue Tapped for Deep Gulf Energy II
- Balfour Beatty to Complete Crossrail Station
- Express Global Logistics Expedites Power Shipment to Bangladesh
- Sembcorp’s Jurong Shipyard Acquires SSP Offshore
- Russia to Supply Hi-Tech Equipment for Nicaragua Canal
- Crane Rental Performs Underwater Heavy-Lift
- Third Shipment of Gates Arrives at the Panama Canal
- Voith to Power Chilean Hydropower Plant
- Alstom and Petrofac to Supply Galloper Offshore Wind Farm
- Ekin Moves Heavy Scrubbers in Turkey
Keppel Fels to Build Four Rigs for Grupo R
Keppel Fels has won a US$820 million contract to build four jack-up rigs for Mexico’s Grupo R.
The new rigs will be designed to drill to water depths of 30,000 feet and operate down to 400 feet, the Singapore-based marine construction firm said.
The rigs will be delivered from the second quarter through the fourth quarter of 2015.
With the new contracts, Keppel Fels has 10 rigs it is building for clients based in Mexico, including a contrat for two rigs for national oil company PEMEX that were booked in December.
Sector analysts Jason Saw and Lee Yue Jer of DMG & Partners Research estimated that the new orders have lifted Keppel’s orderbook value to US$1.2 billion, which is 32 percent of its full-year forecast.