- Alabama State Port Authority Posts Record Gains
- Orpic Logistics Wins Muscat Sohar Pipeline EPC Contract
- Vestas to Supply Kenya’s Lake Turkana Wind Project
- Collett Moves Historic Vehicles
- Chevron to Exit Ukraine Shale Project
- Plummeting Oil Prices Prompt Layoffs at Halliburton
- CB&I Hoists Module at VC Summer Nuclear Plant (Video)
- Venture Global LNG to Start Construction of Export Facilities in 2016
- Portlog Moves Oil Rig for Pemex
- Last Gate Arrives at Panama Canal
- Alstom to Upgrade Kwinana Gas Turbine
- Salini Impregilo to Build Tunnel in Ohio
- Toshiba to Build ITOCHU Mega-Solar Plant
- Kentz Scores Shell Pearl GTL Contract
- Jumbo to Install Wheatstone Subsea Structures
Keppel Fels to Build Four Rigs for Grupo R
Keppel Fels has won a US$820 million contract to build four jack-up rigs for Mexico’s Grupo R.
The new rigs will be designed to drill to water depths of 30,000 feet and operate down to 400 feet, the Singapore-based marine construction firm said.
The rigs will be delivered from the second quarter through the fourth quarter of 2015.
With the new contracts, Keppel Fels has 10 rigs it is building for clients based in Mexico, including a contrat for two rigs for national oil company PEMEX that were booked in December.
Sector analysts Jason Saw and Lee Yue Jer of DMG & Partners Research estimated that the new orders have lifted Keppel’s orderbook value to US$1.2 billion, which is 32 percent of its full-year forecast.