- Vestas to Supply Canadian Wind Farms
- Royal Cargo Hauls Generator to Batangas
- Poland May Accelerate Shale Gas Development
- Shell Scraps Plans for Louisiana GTL Plant
- CB&I Wins Ingleside Cracker Project
- Discord over Ports Reform
- Manica Handles Project Cargo for Namibian Acid Plant
- DP Cleantech to Build Thai Coconut-to-Energy Plant
- Shell Floats Prelude FLNG Hull
- Allseas Global Logistics Manages Gantry Crane Shipment
GAC Maritime Security Offers New Anti-Boarding Device
GAC Maritime Security has added the award winning P-trap anti-boarding device to its range of non-lethal vessel protection solutions.
A winner at the 5th Safety at Sea International Awards and a finalist in the Seatrade Awards and Lloyd’s List Awards in 2011, P-trap is an engine blocking system that creates a security zone around the ship to prevent other vessels from approaching too close and attempting to board. Created
by Netherlands-based specialists Westmark BV, this patented anti-boarding device creates a non-lethal secure barrier around a ship, adding an additional layer of protection from attack.
A set of long, thin lines are carried on side booms extending up to 10 meters from the ship’s bow on both sides of the ship just below the water surface. Any vessel entering this security zone will run into these lines, which trap the propeller and disable the engines, disabling the approaching vessel.
Designed to be deployed before entering high-risk areas, the P-trap provides continuous protection against multiple attacks, day and night, without the need for crew involvement and constant vigilance.
Several P-trap systems have been created to fit most seagoing ships, including the P-trap swivel-boom, the most commonly applied system, and the P-trap sliding-boom, designed for vessels with a forward bulkhead.
GAC Maritime Security, powered by AKE, is a partnership between global shipping, logistics and marine services provider GAC Group and AKE Group.
For further details on P-trap or any of the services available from GAC Maritime Security, please email email@example.com.