- TBM Bertha Stuck Under Downtown Seattle
- Hartmann Project Lines Expands African Service
- Vestas to Supply Canadian Wind Farms
- Royal Cargo Hauls Generator to Batangas
- Poland May Accelerate Shale Gas Development
- Shell Scraps Plans for Louisiana GTL Plant
- CB&I Wins Ingleside Cracker Project
- Discord over Ports Reform
- Manica Handles Project Cargo for Namibian Acid Plant
- DP Cleantech to Build Thai Coconut-to-Energy Plant
BNSF Logistics Acquires Albacor Shipping
Albacor Shipping, a member of the Worldwide Project Consortium WWPC network for U.S., Canada and Russia/Siberia, became part of BNSF Logistics, a Berkshire Hathaway Company.
After nearly a year of negotiations the shareholders of the Albacor Shipping Group have decided to sell their business to BNSF Logistics and to become a part of the Berkshire Hathaway family, Albacor said in a statement.
The acquisition by BNSF, headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, will allow Albacor access to increased financial resources as well as to BNSF’s expertise in rail and rail transloading and various other services, presently not offered by Albacor Shipping, the company said.
There will be no changes in customers’ contact persons within Albacor, and the daily operations of the company will continue as in the past.
The Worldwide Project Consortium WWPC is the leading franchise/membership network for professional project cargo freight forwarders with country/area exclusivity.