- Mexico Awards Durango Cargo Rail Project
- US ExIm Bank Funds Siemens Nacelles
- US Steel Imports from Russia, South Korea Peak
- World Logistics Consulting Handles Transformer Transport
- Alexander Global Logistics Transports Crane to Georgia
- Rickmers-Linie Carries Cranes for China Railway Expansion
- WorleyParsons WIns Canadian Potash Project
- Alstom to Build Second Wind Tower Plant in Brazil
- Aaras Moves Water Project Cargoes
- Sasol Installs Big Three Components at Wax Plant Expansion Site
- Siemens to Power Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm
- KBR to Build HDPE Plant in Texas
- Fukushima Tunnel Ice Plug Fails to Freeze
- Mammoet Lifts Space Shuttle Atop Shuttle Carrier Aircraft
- SNC-Lavalin Completes Kentz Acquisition
SNC-Lavalin, Skanska to Build US Gas Power Plant
Canada’s SNC-Lavalin along with Sweden’s Skanska have received contracts from Hess to build a gas-fired combined cycle power plant in northern New Jersey.
The 655-megawatt Newark Energy Center will use GE combustion gas turbines, the Canadian engineering firm said in a statement. SNC-Lavalin will provide engineering, procurement, start-up and commissioning services. Skanska will be responsible for construction and site management.
The new US$750 million plant will begin producing power in 2015.