- Indian Navy Seeks Drones to Fight Piracy
- Siemens Supplies Substations to SEWA
- Larsen and Toubro Bags Midyan Gas Plant EPC Contract
- Searoute Launches K-Line Ro-Ro Service to US
- JFE to Build Auto Steel Plant in Indonesia
- Vestas to Provide Turbines in Croatia
- Maritime Challenges in the Gulf of Guinea
- NYK Line’s Chile Express Adds Houston
- Nicaragua Approves Trans-Oceanic Canal
- Chevron Proposes LPG Plant in Bangladesh
Shell’s Olympus TLP Hull Arrives in Texas (Video)
Dockwise Blue Marlin carries 32,500-tonne hull from Korea
Dockwise Blue Marlin has arrived in Texas carrying Shell’s Olympus TLP hull. The vessel and its 32,500-tonne carried has sailed the ocean for the past two months after loading the hull in South Korea.
The hull was manufactured by Samsung Heavy Industries.
The installation of the topsides will now take place before the TLP departs for its final location on the Mars Field in the Gulf of Mexico, Shell said in a statement.
The site for the Olympus TLP, known as the Mars B development, is located about 130 miles south of New Orleans and lies in approximately 3,000 feet of water.