- Vestas to Power Community Wind Farm
- WorleyParsons to Engineer Alberta Greenfield Refinery
- Six Construct and Tecnicas Reunidas to Build Oman Pumping Station
- SNC-Lavalin to Fund and Build Hydropower Project
- Van der Vlist Navigates Twisting Roads
- IT Minerals Builds Plant at Port of New Orleans
- Volga-Dnepr Ships Spacecraft Module to US (Video)
- Tuscor Lloyds Demonstrates Resourcefulness at Tilbury
- Steder Group Transports Brewery Tanks to Ethiopia (Slideshow)
- Fairmount Marine Delivers Drilling Rig to Singapore
- Crowley Delivers Floating Production Facility to Gulf
- Anchorage Approves CH2M Hill’s Construction Bid
- Ekin Moves Trio of Tanks
- Rocha Faces Rocky Path to Brazilian Financing
- Toshiba Supplies Indian Super Thermal Plant
Egypt Announces Suez Wind Tender Plans
Egypt’s Ministry of Electricity & Energy will issue a tender early next year for a 200-megawatt wind farm in the Gabal el-Zeit area in the Gulf of Suez.
The project is expected to cost around US$460 million, and will be completed in April 2014, Minister Mahmoud Balbaa told AllAfrica.
The new wind farm will consist of 100 turbines with a generating capacity of 2 megawatts each, he said.
Egypt has been developing wind power along its eastern Red Sea coast. It expects to see its wind power capacity reach 7,200 megawatts by 2020.