- Brazil’s Alumar Faces More Capacity Cuts
- Skanska-Traylor Win LA Metro Rail Bid
- GPEC Moves Massive HZMB Bridge Section to Barge
- Damaged TBM Delays Hong Kong to Guangzhou Rail Link
- Siemens Supplies BorWin3 Grid Connection
- BC Hydro Lowers Turbine at Mica Dam
- Technip to Build Cargill Ethanol Plant
- Alstom Supplies Iraqi Combined-Cycle Power Plant
- Tata Steel Hits New Highs
- Fairmount Marine Tows Rig to Curaçao
- Westinghouse Laments Temelín Tender Cancellation
- Babcock & Wilcox Slashes SMR Project
- GE Expands Brazilian Power Grid
- Saipem to Expand Rubber Plant in Italy
- Lawmakers Seek Extra US$16 Billion for Highways
Zeeland Anticipates Paper Product Surge
Zeeland Seaports will become the western European hub for Eldorado’s paper pulp exports from Brazil as a result of an agreement between the two companies.
Eldorado Brasil Celulose has recently opened the largest cellulose factory in the world with an annual capacity of 1.5 million tonnes of cellulose, Zeeland said in a statement. The official opening was held in Três Lagoas on Dec. 12.
A sizeable proportion of the cellulose will be carried by ocean-going vessels from Santos, Brazil to the Scaldiahaven in Vlissingen. There, the cellulose will be stored and later shipped by inland vessels to the hinterland to paper mills.