- Discord over Ports Reform
- Manica Handles Project Cargo for Namibian Acid Plant
- DP Cleantech to Build Thai Coconut-to-Energy Plant
- Shell Floats Prelude FLNG Hull
- Allseas Global Logistics Manages Gantry Crane Shipment
- IMO Eases Deadline for Ballast Water Compliance
- France Approves Armed Protection for Fleet
- Ruslan Shipment Doubles Philippines Aid Capacity
- KOG Opens Pakistani Office
- KOSPO and Samsung to Build Gas Plant in Chile
Zeeland Anticipates Paper Product Surge
Zeeland Seaports will become the western European hub for Eldorado’s paper pulp exports from Brazil as a result of an agreement between the two companies.
Eldorado Brasil Celulose has recently opened the largest cellulose factory in the world with an annual capacity of 1.5 million tonnes of cellulose, Zeeland said in a statement. The official opening was held in Três Lagoas on Dec. 12.
A sizeable proportion of the cellulose will be carried by ocean-going vessels from Santos, Brazil to the Scaldiahaven in Vlissingen. There, the cellulose will be stored and later shipped by inland vessels to the hinterland to paper mills.