- Indian Navy Seeks Drones to Fight Piracy
- Siemens Supplies Substations to SEWA
- Larsen and Toubro Bags Midyan Gas Plant EPC Contract
- Searoute Launches K-Line Ro-Ro Service to US
- JFE to Build Auto Steel Plant in Indonesia
- Vestas to Provide Turbines in Croatia
- Maritime Challenges in the Gulf of Guinea
- NYK Line’s Chile Express Adds Houston
- Nicaragua Approves Trans-Oceanic Canal
- Chevron Proposes LPG Plant in Bangladesh
Chinese Steel Companies Partner on Emissions Reduction Technology
Wuhan Iron & Steel and Taiwan-based China Steel have formed a joint venture to develop emissions reduction technology with an investment of US$29 million.
The Chinese steel companies will set up a 6.67-hectare production base for selective catalytic reduction technology, or DeNOx to reduce air pollution in the steelmaking process, according to China News Daily.
Over the next few years, the two companies will also work on other areas, including production technology,environmental protection and raw materials.